Saturday, November 19, 2011

We Did It; The Royal Oak Holiday Parade

Well, we did it. We survived our first parade. The Royal Oak parade has come a long way baby. This year there were 79 participants and we were one of them.


If you have never been involved in a parade, it is a hurry up and wait day. We had to be there by 10:15 and the parade started at 11. We were 39th in line! We waited for a bit to start and once we started it was over fast. I hardly got to hand out candy, pencils and coupons.  If I missed you, I apologize.

We got to watch the last few bands, kids, and floats arrive after we finished.

A big shout out to my sister and my nephews for their help; without them we would have been lost. Here are a few pictures. I wish I would have thought of getting some of the crowd.

Arriving at the parade meeting site.

How cool is this? A monster truck in front of us!

The gang; family rocks.

My rock star sister and me.

Did you go? What was your favorite thing about the parade?

No comments:

Post a Comment