Sunday, January 29, 2012

Orange Play Dough Recipe

I had the urge to make scented play dough this week. I wanted it for Friday night when my parenting group meets; we have been meeting for almost six years now!


My little helper helped me mix and mix our orange concoction. It smells so wonderful and is super soft. 

I have searched high and low for the best recipe and I end up using a mixture of recipes. I like to add boiling water to mine rather than cooking it. It is a matter of personal preference. 

The recipe I used is here, but I added more flour to it as it was rather wet. If you need to add flour, do it a little at a time. 



 This is always a hit in my classroom when I use it during sensory play. It is much softer than store bought play dough and of course the smell is fabulous. Too bad Emeril didn't get that smell-o-vision working.

Do you make your own play dough? What is your favorite recipe? Please share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment