Monday, January 30, 2012

Finally we have SNOW!

It has been a strange winter here in Michigan; little snow and mild temperatures. I don't mind it all that much, but I know my kids are chomping at the bit for snow. We got it!

Once little brother woke up from his nap we all jumped in our winter gear, armed for cold and snowy fun.  I wanted to surprise the boys with spray bottles filled with food coloring and water. Boy, they were surprised. My oldest immediately started to make a volcano, then sprayed it down.

The boys from down the street came by and were shocked that we were spraying the snow. They had never seen that. I let them join in and they sprayed their snow balls and watched them break apart when they hit the road. There was lots of laughter and fun involved. I love how something so simple can bring joy.

You cannot see depth, but here is the volcano.

The kids working as a team.

The end result with a blue river around it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment