Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Making Clouds

A quick post of today's activity.


I know, I know it seems like a weird time to do rain and clouds. I should have covered this in April, but this is how it worked out for me. It is not always easy to blog activities in the right month juggling all the hats I wear. I am learning though.


There is a fun book called Rain by Manya Stojic. I have all my friends shake our plastic eggs that we use for music every time I say the word rain in our story. They have fun shaking their little hearts out. We also do some fun fingerplays/songs where we make the sound of rain and thunder.


We also read Raindrop Plop. It is a counting book as well as talking about rain. It is a bit more simple and is good for younger ones. I apologize I do not have it next to me and I cannot recall the authors name. I will come back and insert it.


There are so many art activities to choose from and it was tough just picking one.






Marshmallow cloud painting: you will need marshmallows, white paint mixed with corn syrup (makes it glisten) and paper. Have the child make clouds in the sky by stamping marshmallows. While the child is painting discuss how it feels to stamp with the marshmallow. Remember to let them paint any way they want. A few of my friends decided to use their fingers; caution it is sticky!


You can do several things to make this your own. You can add black paint to make the clouds grey and full of rain. You can use shaving cream instead of corn syrup and your clouds will have some puff to them. You can also use cotton balls and glue. It is up to you as you know your child and their abilities best.


Have you made clouds?

No comments:

Post a Comment