Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sidewalk Chalk Painting

Today I had my boys experiment with sidewalk chalk painting. It started with painting with water, but they quickly got frustrated with the tiny paint brushes I had. Then we moved on to plain old sidewalk chalk. I decided to kick it up a notch once they seemed bored. I brought out a bowl of water. Water always makes for more fun in our world.

They asked what they did with it and anything you want was my reply. My youngest quickly sprang into action by throwing his chalk into the water. "Exactly!" I exclaimed. Now see how drawing is different with wet chalk rather than dry chalk.


I did not need to say any more. As expected, my boys got crazy and started to paint themselves. It was a fun activity on this hot afternoon. I just sat aside and let them do whatever they wanted and they loved it.

Do you play with wet sidewalk chalk?

No comments:

Post a Comment