Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is this weekend and what is better than some flowers? I love having my friends make a painting of a bunch of wild flowers; this time we used wine corks and marshmallows. I found a simple statement regarding moms that I thought was perfect to add to the artwork.



You will need bright colored construction paper (pink, yellow, or light blue), wine corks, marshmallows, and paint. I chose pink and purple. You really can use any color.



I make sure I stress to my parents that they are not to help their little ones, let them stamp any way they want. I had some friends who stamped nothing but perfect circles and one friend who used the marshmallow to paint her entire page; it looked like a sunset. All of them were beautiful. Once the paint dried I added the simple statement about moms.






A few of my friends even decided they loved the way the paint felt and colored their faces!



We finished off the day with the book Does A Kangaroo Have A Mother, Too? by Eric Carle. It is a simple book with great illustrations (of course). Each page names a different animal which I had my friends tell me what it was and what sound it made.

Here are a few other Mother's Day activities that my favorite bloggers are doing:


A cute bouquet at the Trendy Treehouse

A dandelion Bouquet at Small Potatoes

Coffee Filter Flowers at Hands On As We Grow


These are just a few. If you are on Pinterest visit us at the Kid Blogger Network Board for more ideas for your little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment