Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

I am so excited it is officially spring. Here in the midwest we have had crazy warm weather and we are loving it. The flowers are blooming, the grass is green and the temperature is May/June like. All of this got my heart all a flutter for our spring art activities. Look at the calendar, it is officially spring!

Our book is Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert. I know I posted that is what we did last week; we did not. It is a great book full of gorgeous art work and colors. It is simple enough for toddlers, and fun for preschoolers.


Our craft is plastic bottle flowers. You have to find the perfect plastic bottle; one with deep groves in the bottom. I found some Faygo pop ones that worked perfectly. You dip the end of the pop bottle into the paint and stamp it on a piece of construction paper. I supplied several paint choices to go along with the rainbow in the book.

Note the deep grooves.


I buried plastic bugs in the "grass" for my friends to find. 

I also pulled out the green play sand for our sensory table and the fake green grass full of bugs to find. 

I am sharing some other terrific art ideas I have found with some of my blogger friends. These bloggers rock and I am happy to share their work!


My friends over at Hands On As We Grow added some stems to theirs.

No bottles? Check out these made with corks at Pink and Green Mama.

A ton of great spring ideas at Mama Smiles.

Inner Child Fun has 5 Spring Crafts that make you Smile.

Teach Preschool (a favorite of mine for inspiration for my preschoolers) has Endless Fun with Flowers.

Planting seeds over at Mommy and Me Book Club.

Red Ted's Art Blog has a flower collage.

I love this Easter Bonnet with flowers at Sun Hats and Wellie Boots.

Toddler Approved has their 5 Simple Spring crafts.








No comments:

Post a Comment