Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dinosaur Play Dough

This afternoon I decided to direct my  two year old son to some toys, in particular dinosaurs and play dough. These are two of his favorite things (insert Julie Andrews singing).

We have a hand me down play dough set that is a volcano. I thought that would be perfect since my youngest is learning from my oldest that the dinosaurs may have died due to climate changes; volcano eruptions, and more.



I got out several small and large dinosaurs for him to play with. He decided that the dinosaur needed eggs to guard. Oddly enough the volcano set had a spot to make eggs. Perfect.



He also started placing the play dough on one of the small dinosaurs to make it be a baby in an egg. He also made dinosaur tracks in the play dough. I did not direct him in his play, he did this all on his own.




I was excited that this last minute decision turned into such fun play. I would like to say after we did this activity we read a book on dinosaurs, but alas we played with trains instead. I'll follow up today's play with one of the many dinosaur books we have; my oldest wants to be a fossil hunter when he grows up. That or a rock star, or a board game designer, or a daddy. I'll take any of them.

By the way, the youngest wants to play the "butair" (guitar) when he grows up.


No comments:

Post a Comment