Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Play

Today's class was full of Easter fun!

Our books are Minerva Louise and the Colorful Eggs! by Janet Morgan Stoeke and Where Are Baby's Easter Eggs? by Karen Katz. Both have colorful illustrations, and fun stories which are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.



Our craft was a simple Easter egg. I had some egg shaped recycle material from a recent trip to Arts and Scraps in Detroit. They are sticky on one side, perfect for decorating. Today we used play sand for decorating.


Supplies - Egg shape with adhesive on one side; contact paper is a good choice. Multiple colors of play sand.



The kids loved the sand since it had a sparkle to it. They had fun dumping a lot of sand on the eggs; you will want to do this craft on a tray.



Last night I got busy in my kitchen and made three batches of kool aid play dough; one blue, one red and one light pink. I had to let go of my hang up with mixing colors, because today my friends wanted to mix! I supplied several cookie cutters in an Easter theme. We had bunnies, eggs, flowers, and chicks.



There are a lot of great bunny songs floating around the internet. I made sure I had lots of interactive songs this week to keep my "roamers" engaged. We did the Bunny Pokey (Hokey Pokey), we hopped like bunnies and wiggled our noses and toes to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle.


Here are some other Easter activities from Blogs I enjoy.

An Easter Egg printable game over at The Golden Gleam.

Egg crack painting from Make, Do & Friend

Not to mention the Virtual Book Club and Blog Hop with Toddler Approved.

There are many more great ideas out there for Easter. Check out the Kid Blogger Network board on Pinterest.


.




1 comment: