Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentines Day

This topic has caused me much stress; there are just way too many cute ideas. How do I narrow it down? I don't. I am going to have several options for my little friends this week!

I got so busy in class that I forgot to take action pictures. I believe it is the lack of coffee; I gave it up on Sunday and have not been the same since.

Coffee Filter Hearts: As simple as it sounds. Cut your coffee filters into heart shapes. I then had my friends paint with water colors or you can color with washable markers and spray water on them.





Salt Dough Hearts: This was a flop. My dough was too runny and there was not enough time to fix it. If you plan on doing these you have 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of salt and 1 cup of water. You will not need all of the water. Add a little at a time to make a dough consistency. At this point you can add in red food coloring if you choose. Have the kids use heart shaped cookie cutters to make the shapes. Add a hole at the top if you plan on hanging the heart. Then set out to dry for a few days or bake in the oven on low for a couple hours.

Celery Roses: I need to come back and give credit for this one as I found it online but do not remember where. Dip the end of celery in paint and make roses on paper. Simple. Cute. Love it.

Roses drying. Add stems after the paint dries.

We rounded up our theme with a silly valentines songs - I found it in my song book from The Mailbox. It says: Do you "carrot" all for me and I held up a carrot. My heart "beets" for you and I held up a beet. We make a perfect "pear" and "lettuce" just be friends. It was super cute and the kids loved it.












No comments:

Post a Comment