Wednesday, February 15, 2012

To Valentine or Not To Valentine

On my personal Facebook page I saw a lot of discussion on Valentines cards and school policies. Many moms were discussing the fact that their children had to give a Valentine to every child in the classroom. Some moms were against this policy. These are elementary aged children mind you.

In my opinion, take it or leave it, I think every kid should get one. No one wants to be left out. Valentine's should be about love, giving, sharing, and inclusion. I told my five year old son that we need to give one to every friend because you never know how that little card could lift someone's spirit. Okay, I really said make your friends heart happy because I was speaking to my five year old, but it is true none the less.

I made my husband a Valentines card from construction paper and glittery foam stickers. I told him how much he grounded me, supported me, and was an amazing dad to my boys. I gave it to him at dinner. You could see the smile on his face when he read it and it seemed to me that his heart skipped a beat. He was very touched by my words.

Normally I skip the Valentine's day card, but after seeing what it did to my husbands spirit, I am all in now.

How about you? How do you feel about the Valentine's Day card policy?



No comments:

Post a Comment