Monday, February 6, 2012

Recycling Crayons

Today I finally picked up the silicon mold I have wanted for ages. I have had broken crayons peeled, sorted, and ready to go for months. I found one at my local dollar store, in the shape of hearts. Perfect!

Find your broken crayons and peel them. Sort according to color. Break bigger crayons into smaller pieces in order for them to melt better. Put all your broken pieces into the mold, about an inch high. I chose to make mine multi-colored crayons.



Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Bake the crayons for 15-20 minutes. Carefully take them out of the oven and let them cool. Be patient! Pop out of the mold and enjoy. I think these will make great valentines day gifts.




Have you recycled your crayons before? If so, what mold did you use?




No comments:

Post a Comment