Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Not A Stick

I found another great book at our library; Not A Stick by Antoinette Portis. It is a very simple book that reminds us (adults) that a stick is not just a stick. I don't know about your children, but my boys are always picking up sticks on our walks. They normally end up as swords, but sometimes they are walking sticks, cabins, bug collectors, and more.

I was hoping to come up with a great art activity to go along with this book. I got some great ideas from my fellow KBN blogger friends, which are listed at the end of this post. I had all my ideas ready to go and then my boys decided to take control.



See, not everything is perfect in the real world. Kids sometimes do not want to do what you have planned. I just roll with it.

If you are looking for great activities to go with the book check these out:

Growing a Jeweled Rose Alligator Stick

Stick ideas from The Good Long Road

The Outlaw Mom's Twig and Ribbon Princess Wand

Teach Preschool had a guest post on No Time for Flashcards about this same book!

Boy Mama has a great post on sticks and outdoor play

Red Ted Art has a stick man

WordPlayHouse has acorn fairies and stick rafts and fishing rods


What do you do with sticks?





No comments:

Post a Comment