Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Winter Blahs

I am noticing a trend among my fellow moms; a depression. Repeatedly in our discussions we talk about how we have the winter blahs already and it is only the first week of December. It is going to be a long winter if this is the sentiment already.

I will share what  has worked for me and other moms. I am no way a doctor so go visit your doctor if you suffer from depression or any other ailment. I am not diagnosing you nor telling you a treatment plan. I am simply sharing what has worked for me.

Last year I really noticed an evil mommy coming out of me. I was sleep deprived, and depressed. I started yelling a lot and I felt horrible about it. The day I heard my oldest yell at my youngest the way I was yelling, I knew it had to stop.

I started taking Vitamin D and Fish Oil daily. I am a sunshine girl. I thrive in summer, rarely having a blue day. Winter is an entirely different season of emotions for me. I know I suffer from a seasonal disorder and get depressed. Taking the supplements has helped me tremendously. I know if I don't take them, I feel my self slipping back into that funk.

Do you suffer from a seasonal disorder? How do you cope with having cabin fever? How do you not loose your sanity during the winter months?

That being said, this is a good time to remind everyone that Playaway has a Free open play Friday the last Friday in the month. This starts in January. Come play off the winter blahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment