Friday, February 8, 2013

Sun Bursts At PlayAway

I don't know about you, but during these winter months I crave sunshine. This past week it has snowed every day, with only a few peaks at the sun. What better time to have my friends make a warm and sunny art project.



Supplies: Black or purple construction paper. Construction paper cut out circles, orange, yellow, and red paint, and plastic wrap.





Place drops of yellow, orange, and red paint all over the white circle or sun. Place plastic wrap over paint and have child smack the paint. The kids love this!

This is after it was smacked a bit.


Remove the plastic wrap and dispose of it. Then if you want you can use your finger or show the child how to make rays around the entire sun as I have done below.



What do you think? Simple and fun. It was my kind of project.


Here are some other great sun projects:


My Buddies and I created suns.

Sandpaper sun by No Time For Flashcards.


No comments:

Post a Comment