Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Shapes

Today was all about shapes. Circles, squares, triangles; oh my! We read Little Rabbits book on shapes.

Our art project was circle painting. My friends and I painted circles (really stamped) with paper tubes.




Supplies: You will need paper tubes (tp or pt tubes), paint, and paper.


Have child put tube into paint and stamp circles.You can also make the tubes into other shapes, although mine did not turn out well.



Our sensory was foam shapes in water. My friends splashed a lot today.



We also found shapes in our classroom and sorted them by shape. I put tape down on the floor in the shape of a square, triangle and circle. My friends sorted them into the shapes on the floor.



Here are some great links to other shape activities!

Teach Preschool and Hands On: As We Grow both had this fun shape sorting/exploring activity. I put mind on our sensory table since it is low enough for my friends to reach comfortably.

Crayon Frekcles has this great pattern with shape activity.

TinkerLab has Circular Patterns.

A favorite food of mine - Twizzlers - over at Pink and Green Mama.

Glittering Muffins has shape sorting.

These are just a few ideas. What have you done?




No comments:

Post a Comment